Picnics Grounds & Family Outings, Reunions, Solicitations & On-Site Marketing
We have about 30 picnic tables that are located outside on our picnic grounds that we allow people to use without charge. During our hours of operations, you are always welcome to enjoy our scenery and use our picnic grounds with the following guidelines:
• You may bring your own food and soft drinks but we do not allow any sort of grill or cooking equipment on the premises or any other equipment which we deem would pose a risk to other customers.
• If you would prefer, we offer great picnic lunches that we can prepare for you which will be ready at the time you specify. For information about our picnic lunch menu please click here . By using our services you help preserve our farm!
• We do not reserve tables and do not allow people to reserve tables if they are not physically on site at all times.
• We do not allow tents, pop up tables, signs, flags or banners.
• We do not have inside seating or covered seating and do not have accommodations for picnics and gatherings as a result of inclement weather.
You may not bring your own alcoholic beverages onto the property as we only allow the consumption of alcoholic beverages that are produced by Nashoba Valley Spirits under our Farmer’s Winery and Farmer’s Brewery permits. Our farm is sustained through the sale of our wines and beers so it is important to our survival that we generate some revenue from the use of our property. While we invite you to use our property, picnic tables, scenery, parking, rubbish disposal and facilities without any charge, we must insist that only our alcoholic beverages are consumed on the property. Your understanding and cooperation will help to make sure that we are here for you in the future.
• Our grounds are intended to be used by customers visiting our farm and winery and for a peaceful day in the country. It is important for us to preserve the ambiance and quality of our farm for all of our guests so we limit the number of tables that we allow to be grouped together to two tables which should accommodate about 16 people. We do not allow our high top tables on the porch to be used for group gatherings as these are for general seating. Our goal is to preserve the experience of our farm for all of our visitors. If you wish to have a family outing, re-union or gathering of more than 16 people, please contact us to discuss options for private functions. Like all businesses, farms need revenue to survive and pay our bills and we subsidize our farm with fees and revenue generated from hosting events. From a business approach, it is simply not practical to charge some people for an outing or event and then allow others to simply use the property without paying a fee or having us cater their event. While this might be disappointing to some of our customers, we hope that they will understand that a great deal of time and money is required to keep our property maintained, clean and beautiful and we do this with the revenue that we generate from all aspects of our business
• We often host weddings so it is important for us to make sure that the hosted wedding is the only function on site and will restrict large groups from gathering or undertaking any activity which might detract from the wedding. We do not allow people to move the tables without requesting permission as our wedding customers often ask us to restrict tables to a certain location.
• We reserve the absolute right to restrict the use of our tables and to determine the appropriate location of our tables to make the day enjoyable for everyone. Our goal is to preserve the experience of our farm for all of our visitors and therefore we do not consider our grounds to be a proper venue for family outings, re-unions or gatherings of more than 15 people. While I appreciate that this might disappoint some customers, we hope that those customers will understand how they would feel if they came to our farm for a wedding or for a quiet day in the country.
• We do not allow the consumption of food in our tasting and retail areas.
• The Pavilion area used for private functions and events is not open to the public and cannot be used by the public when not in use.
• We do not allow games that might impose a risk to others including the throwing or tossing of balls in the picnic area. We hope that everyone will appreciate that there are many small children and elderly people enjoying our farm also who might be inadvertently injured by a missed ball or Frisbee.
Business, Charity Organizations
• We do not allow banners or signs of any kind and we definitely do not all business, charities or organization to use our property to solicit or promote their business, charity or organization without prior written approval. This is a farm and winery and not a public festival or farmers market where we invite vendors to our property without permission. Please do not show up and suggest that someone approved the use of our site as any prudent person, company, business, charity or organization would obtain permission from the owners and not assume that someone answering the phone could imply that this type of activity is allowed.
• We do apologize for all of the rules and hope that everyone can appreciate the logic and work with us to enjoy our property accordingly.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation with our rules.