Bolton Beer Works is searching for an experienced brewer to undertake all brewery production and bottling work in small 1 person brewery (plus assistance from other operations when needed) and to produce whiskey and corn washes for our distillery operations at Nashoba Valley Winery.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Brews year-round beers and monitor their progress through fermentation.
• Design and brew new specialty offerings.
• Oversee and improve fining/filtration, carbonation, and racking of beer.
• Have an active role in the daily brewing cycle, completing tasks as needed for each brew.
• Perform consistent walk-throughs of the brewery to inspect for leaks/problems/patches
• Enforce OSHA and safety compliance
• CIP and sanitation
• Manage production schedule and labor needs
• Ensure that the brewery floor and outside area managed by the brewery (chiller, bins, racks, etc.) is clean at all times
• Develop relationships with key suppliers to get best prices, order materials, and secure favorable contracts
• Serve as a public and media face of Bolton Beer works brewing operations
• Lead beer education sessions for retail customers, bar staff and event volunteers
• Represent us at state guild meetings and charitable partner events
MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATIVE
• Lead monthly Bartending Staff team meetings to improve communication and efficiency.
• Write and manage training manual for new brewing staff.
• Write and manage SOPs for brewery team.
• Interview, hire, and train new brewing staff members.
• Manage inventory (raw materials, brew house supplies, hops).
• Maintain brewery and production records.
GROWTH & EDUCATION
• Explore the viability of new product extensions (cider, mead, soda, kombucha, sake, etc.)
• Identify the mechanics/infrastructure for major brewery expansion.
• Represent the brewery’s needs and concerns at conferences, guild meetings, and festivals
• Identify and resolve bottlenecks.
• Advanced understanding of all aspects of brewing (formal brewing education preferred)
•2 – 5 years in a commercial brewing facility.• Ability to operate forklift, hand truck, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment
• Attention to detail
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to lift or move heavy products in excess of 100lbs
• Positive attitude
• Ability to work in a wide variety of temperatures (brewery is not climate controlled)
• Willingness to learn duties as they arise in correlation to growth and expansion