Join a team that appreciates its team. Servers – Chefs – Brewer & Dishwashers
Vintner’s Knoll Server/Retail Assistant
Our servers are the heart and sole of our experience because a winery experience. We are primarily looking for weekend help, however, if you are looking for weekend plus weekday shifts, please let us know as we will be adding a few full time servers and retail staff. As an outdoor facility, our tables are spread out over a 10000 square foot area which involves a good workout so it is important to appreciate that this is a physically demanding job. A typical work day starts at 10 am and ends at either 5:30 or 6:30 depending on closing times.
Unlike many restaurants that pay its tipped servers $5.55 per hour we pay our servers at the Vintner’s Knoll $13.50 per hour. We work entirely as a team where everyone is responsible for all of every customer and ever table. As an outdoor experience, tips vary significantly from week to week with the weather but on an average, tips range from $4 (winter) to $12(fall) per hour worked for a gross pay of $17.50 to $25.50.
Because we offer a casual experience, no server experience is required. If you are friendly and looking to earn some additional money on weekends in a very friendly workplace, we think we are a perfect fit. Fill out and submit the form at the bottom of this page and we will be in touch.
Vintner’s Knoll Line/Prep Chef
We are looking for a full time and a part time (weekends 10-6) line cook/prep position working as part of a team preparing food, mixing ingredients, ensuring food quality, working the line, maintaining food preparation areas clean, participating in the customer experience, assisting in serving orders.
A great opportunity for a focus professional chef with an disposition that can handle a fast pace environment while maintaining quality.
We anticipate the full time person to work Thursday, Friday & Saturday, 10:30 am to 5:30 pm, Wednesday & Sunday and 9:30 to 5:00. Part time chef will be expected to work on Saturday and Sunday. Pay rate is $16 per hour plus tips, negotiable depending on experience. The position also receives tips which on an annual basis averages out to an additional pay of $5.00 per hour. Tips are paid out with payroll bi-weekly.
If you are interested in joining a team, please fill out the form below.
Bolton Beer Works is searching for an experienced brewer to undertake all brewery production and bottling work in small 1 person brewery (plus assistance from other operations when needed) and to produce whiskey and corn washes for our distillery operations at Nashoba Valley Winery.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Brews year-round beers and monitor their progress through fermentation.
• Design and brew new specialty offerings.
• Oversee and improve fining/filtration, carbonation, and racking of beer.
• Have an active role in the daily brewing cycle, completing tasks as needed for each brew.
• Perform consistent walk-throughs of the brewery to inspect for leaks/problems/patches
• Enforce OSHA and safety compliance
• CIP and sanitation
• Manage production schedule and labor needs
• Ensure that the brewery floor and outside area managed by the brewery (chiller, bins, racks, etc.) is clean at all times
• Develop relationships with key suppliers to get best prices, order materials, and secure favorable contracts
• Serve as a public and media face of Bolton Beer works brewing operations
• Lead beer education sessions for retail customers, bar staff and event volunteers
• Represent us at state guild meetings and charitable partner events
MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATIVE
• Lead monthly Bartending Staff team meetings to improve communication and efficiency.
• Write and manage training manual for new brewing staff.
• Write and manage SOPs for brewery team.
• Interview, hire, and train new brewing staff members.
• Manage inventory (raw materials, brew house supplies, hops).
• Maintain brewery and production records.
GROWTH & EDUCATION
• Explore the viability of new product extensions (cider, mead, soda, kombucha, sake, etc.)
• Identify the mechanics/infrastructure for major brewery expansion.
• Represent the brewery’s needs and concerns at conferences, guild meetings, and festivals
• Identify and resolve bottlenecks.
• Advanced understanding of all aspects of brewing (formal brewing education preferred)
•2 – 5 years in a commercial brewing facility.• Ability to operate forklift, hand truck, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment
• Attention to detail
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to lift or move heavy products in excess of 100lbs
• Positive attitude
• Ability to work in a wide variety of temperatures (brewery is not climate controlled)
• Willingness to learn duties as they arise in correlation to growth and expansion